[pct-l] PCT visitor use statistics

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:27:23 CST 2018

The Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail, known for its wild character and
remote location and iconic landscapes, becomes more popular every year.
Intuitively, we know that only a small percentage of people using the trail
take months off from work or school to travel along its entire length. The
vast majority of PCT users are out for short trips: day hikes and horseback
rides, weekend backpacking or horseback riding trips, or maybe for a week
or two.

How many people use the PCT?

We’d love to know exactly how many people use the Pacific Crest Trail.
Probably hundreds of thousands or more than a million people use the PCT
each year—if we were to count every person who steps on to some section of
the trail. We just don’t know and there’s no feasible way to count them all.

>>> Paint <<<

PCT visitor use statistics
<https://www.pcta.org/our-work/trail-and-land-management/pct-visitor-use-statistics/>