[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 122, Issue 4

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 16 14:46:20 CDT 2019

Thank you for adding to this conversation. If everyone agrees ----could someone who is on Facebook repost this stream on the 2019 page. More PCT hikers read that site. Each year the new hikers need to learn about this part of "leave no trace" behavior. Maybe some day no one would think of starting a campfire. It used to be normal to find trash, cans,dirty TP  garbage of all sorts etc,etc on the trail. No more. People have figured it out
We had over 80% of the public lands burn in the Santa Monica mtns last fall.  Every time a hiker talks about walking through burn areas and then talks about having a fire at night--I wonder where the mental disconnect is. Yes, many times electrical wires or motor cycle exhaust start fires, but let's not add to it.
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone