[pct-l] Town closures

imscotty at aol.com imscotty at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 12:13:32 CDT 2020

Marmot,
I would say the people left hiking were selfish individuals before their hike, and will remain so after their hike.  The ones who are left seem to be some of the worst of humanity judging from their posts on the 'Still Hiking PCT' FB page.  I got kicked off of there for disagreeing with their contentions that they were doing no harm.  They are living in an echo-chamber and do not want to hear any one who disagrees.
Did you see the guy who called SAR at the Ranger station before Acton because he was a bit cold and did not want to walk the 8 miles downhill?  He made a video defending his actions and lambasting the Ranger for telling him he should not be on the trail right now.  Made me sick to watch it.
I worry that the damage that these people on the trail right now do to hiker relations with the PCT communities will be long lasting.  :(
Scott