[pct-l] SUMMARY: after Foley catheterization

David Hough reading PCT-L pctl at oakapple.net
Mon Feb 8 22:39:25 CST 2021

My inquiry was basically -
if an old guy is catheterized temporarily for acute urinary
retention due to enlarged prostate,
will he eventually recover enough to be able to go backpacking again?

I received several very informative private responses.
I am pleased to have gotten several reassurances that there is a future
in most cases.
Much to my amazement, I heard from a couple of old guys that self-catheterize.
If it gets to that point, I'll hang it up though.

If anybody wants more information, ask privately and I'll send you the
key bits of correspondence, anonymized.

I got the catheter removed today after a week, and so far it looks good,
and I might try a couple of flat paved miles tomorrow.

David Hough

==

So what if the young and hip have moved on to Facebook!   What do they know
about old guy and old gal problems anyway?    We still have pct-l.

As Hans Sachs the old guy bootmaker sings at the end of Wagner's Meistersinger -

Verachtet mir die Meister nicht ...
zerging' in Dunst
das heil'ge röm'sche Reich,
uns bliebe gleich
die heil'ge deutsche Kunst!

Translated:

Young folks don't scorn us old guys now ...
Though turned to mist
the endless Facebook strife,
still we would have
our P-C T-l life!

The music is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u61XvPYyaE0
but the translation is incorrect because it never mentions hiking.