[at-l] aging, vitamins, glucosamine, and Re: Knees

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 13:10:35 CDT 2006

On 8/31/06, Sloetoe <sloetoe at yahoo.com> wrote:
...clip...
> To make a long story short, for months I've let the
> running go, let the vitamins go, and have let the
> Glucosamine go, and I FEEL LIKE CRAP. My muscles ache,
> my joints go "crunch", my energy is close-to-nil. Man,
> this "Growing old ain't for Wimps" thing is SO real.
> (I mean, CRIMINY! My WRIST hurts! Whu???)

ROFLOL - Just wait till you hit 60. Sorry but I am remembering you
telling me not too long ago, when I said my knees wouldn't permit me
to run anymore, that there no reason anyone couldn't run. FWIW I have
been biking all summer and in pretty good shape now, doing 21
miles/day at 15 mph average. Get used to hurting here and there. It
goes with the (age) territory.

Do take your glucosamine and vitamins. Do get back to regular exercise
and if your knees are going "crunch" maybe it's time to switch to
biking or some other non-impact activity. A friend of mine had the
knee replacement surgery and trust me, you don't want to do that. He's
still on canes 2 years + later. Preserve those knees folks.

--
Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/