[at-l] wood

Thomas Fort tfort at jam.rr.com
Mon Dec 4 12:20:50 CST 2006

Two things here ...

1) the locust trees we have down here have thorns on them that would
kill a small deer!  They can grow 3-4 inches long and 1/4 inch thick.
The entire bark, limbs included, is covered with them.  As you get
closer to the ground, on the trunk, the needles cluster in groups of
10-12.  I wouldn't get close to a locust log!

2) Nothing makes better fenceposts than the Bois d'arc, pronounced
bodock. Just last week I had to knock down a few that were placed in the
ground 43 yrs ago.  They were as strong as the day cut.  Took a
bulldozer to wreck them!     I nice yellow color, tho!!