[at-l] Newb on the loose - the questions begin

TrailR at aol.com TrailR at aol.com
Mon Oct 23 19:19:24 CDT 2006

In a message dated 10/23/2006 4:34:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, park at vt.edu
writes:
Also, why are you planning an early March departure?  More snow means
more work/calories.
**
Also means more time to get to Katahdin (good for old peopel like me...).
Of course, snow hiking is a blast, so I'm not
knocking it.  Alcohol stoves can be slightly more temperature-finicky
than gas stoves, but I'd never carry anything other than alcohol except
for pure dead-of-winter car camping.
**
Yup!

Serious about the Ruck though.
**

Gotta agree here too.
Also:

Read Jim's (Bald Eagle) Thru hiking papers.
http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/THP%20top.html

Not as good as talking to Jim & Ginny in person (they're awesome),
but lots of good information. The realities if the trail.

Hoplite
Hotdog AT 03
A Hoplite wannabe... ;-)