[at-l] Glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSN only works for some people (was aging...)

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 20:45:51 CDT 2006

### Unless your doctor has personal experience (or is
a vet, who's used it on hip-displasic dogs and/or
horses), they are probably clueless.

FWIW, I've used about every formulation, and *think* I
happened to like the Glucosamine/MSM formulation best.
About the only thing that really matters is to favor
the formulation in hydrochloride versus sulfate.
Glucosamine hydrochloride has tested out to be twice
as effective as the same dosage in sulfate
formulation.

But as far as the different products available, if
they're pharmaceutical grade, then simply buy the
cheapest at TarWalKMart in Gl. HCl and be on your way.
As far as Glucosamine alone, with Chondroitan, with
MSM, etc.... I happen to favor (slightly) the MSM. But
go by dosage/$ and your own efficacy findings. Test.

But it's hard to test if you have no problem. Just
what are you attempting to solve? If you are having no
problem now, please don't expect to find any
improvement.

--- lurker <lurker at ev1.net> wrote:

> To a large extent, I have had my doubts about these
> drugs. ...

> At
> this time I don't have any knee problems so I don't
> need appear to need anything.

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.