[at-l] Wind Farm video

Raphael Bustin rafeb at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 19 19:43:29 CDT 2006

At 05:20 PM 9/19/2006 -0400, Weary wrote:

>Okay. So the argument seems to be, "Because the AT has sections that don't
>qualify as wild, it's okay to mess up the few truly wild places that exist."

I mostly think there are more important battles to fight.

At best, I think the ATC should remain neutral on this
particular issue.  Maybe let the locals decide.

Everyone's in favor of clean energy "in principle."
Nobody wants it in their "viewshed," though.

I swear, a working modern windmill makes me happy.

I saw a small wind farm a few summers ago while
driving across New York on Route 20.  I took a detour
to get a closer look and a photo (link below.)

<http://www.terrapinphoto.com/route20_windmills.jpg>

Folks, there's nothing wrong with this view.  It sure
beats smog or a belching smoke stack and a lot of
the other sh*t I've seen on the trail.

rafe b
aka terrapin