[at-l] Wind Farm video

Raphael Bustin rafeb at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 19 20:14:22 CDT 2006

At 06:10 PM 9/19/2006 -0400, Onestep wrote:

>Bob, Your response to Raphael seems to be based on the assumption that
>this working forest, criss-crossed with roads and located between 2 major
>ski areas, is a "truly wild place".

A point in Weary's favor which I must concede.

Whereas on most of the AT wilderness is but
an illusion... there are parts of Maine where it's
close enough to pretend.

Here's what I think the ATC should say. "OK, pals,
have your wind farm.  But the *next* wind farm
goes in the Chesapeake Bay, right across from
Dick Cheney's and Don Rumsfeld's houses."

If we give up our viewshed, so will Dick and Don.

rafe b
aka terrapin