[at-l] [BackpackingLight] Re: Does dew get on everything?

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 21:12:09 CDT 2006

I missed the beginning of this thread so if someone was asking about
alternatives to single wall silnylon tents, then disregard this message.

On the other hand, if someone is looking for lightweight tents for two
people, consider single wall silnylon tents.  For two people, they usually
come in around two pounds - total.  Check out tents by Henry Shires
Tarptent, Six Moon Designs, used Wanderlust 2-4-2, etc.

I find the amount of condensation on silnylon tents is far less than that of
double wall tents, dries more quicky, and can be effectively wiped off the
fabric in the morning so that I can then move around and not get soaked.
Plus, the water shakes off the tent so even a wet tent weighs far less than
their double wall alternatives.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor