[at-l] Win...

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:14:51 CDT 2007

I can never understand what they are saying on those announcements anyway.
They remind me of the "Paul Talk" mono log that Paul Stookey (of Peter, Paul
& Mary) did on one of their albums. In it there was a bit about going to the
drive-in restaurant and the voice on the speaker sounded like it was saying
brrzer bussbu.

On 8/28/07, Bror8588 at aol.com <Bror8588 at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 2007-08-28 07:12:26 Eastern Daylight Time,
> athiker at smithville.net writes:
>
> When  they are announcing final boarding for flights, why do they always
> say  "This is the last and final..."?  Isn't 'last' and 'final' sorta the
> same thing?
>

> In the Bible they say: "Alpha and Omega" or The First and Last.  I  guess
> they couldn't do that in an airport because nobody listens.  I think  that
> they
> repeat the "Last and Final" message a few times and that is
> really  confusing
> -- "Are they talking about my flight or some others?"
>
> Skylander

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/