[at-l] The Long and Hard Trail

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 19:30:03 CST 2007

Jan is whining again??? <vbg>

You want to get various body parts handed to you, the first time I did the
LT I went southbound. When you go north at least you're in somewhat better
shape by the time you get to the fun stuff. You go south and you step right
into it <g>.

I love the LT, so much diversity of trail in 265 miles. Long enough to be a
trek, short enough to do as a vacation. Hard enough that you get the thrill
of victory, easy enough that one hopes to avoid the agony of defeat (all bad
puns skipped here).
(I think some AT thru-hikers don't give the LT it's due for difficulty... I
don't recall any place along the AT where you walk around the corner and
find an extension ladder wired to the cliff you need to climb down.)

And, of course, the Harp on draft at the Inn at Rt 100 ;  )  <sigh>

Now I suppose I have to read Jan's book just to find out how bad she's
whining.... <lol>

(Of course if we REALLY wanted to listen to whining we could get Sloetoe to
write about the Cohos Trail <g>)

skeeter