[at-l] Room for improvement

Black Wolfe blackwolfe at charter.net
Sun Jan 7 05:55:35 CST 2007

I remember summiting a little hill in MA on my first section hike.  (From
I-90 South to the ridge top.)  My temples were pounding and the world around
me was shrinking into grey and black splotches.  I recalled reading about
pacing ones efforts to your heart rate rather than trying to hike up hills
like they were flatland.  I began to learn to adjust my pace to my heart
rate instead of trying to adjust my heart rate to my pace.  It simply works
better that way.

Black Wolfe

Bruce W.