[at-l] New adventures on the horizon...

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 18 11:12:32 CST 2007

Shortly after returning home from my spring trip, my landlords informed me
they were putting the house on the market.  As a tenant-at-will, I knew I
might have to leave with just one month's notice so that kept me close to
home for the remainder of the year.  The house recently sold and even though
the buyers have offered me the upstairs apartment, I've decided to move out
at the end of February and take the opportunity to travel without the
pressures of a home base.

Right now, I have no definite plans but I do have some ideas: I may start by
spending some time on the Appalachian Trail this spring; I may explore a job
opportunity as a backcountry ranger for the Forest Service out west (get
paid to hike?); I may go hiking out west (more PCT perhaps?); I may spend
next fall and winter in southeast Asia; I may finally get to Africa,
southern Central America, South America, etc.  So much to do, and finally
time to do at least some of it.

I know non-stop travel takes its toll on me so I may stop here and there and
take a furnished room or apartment for a month or three.  Not only will it
give me the chance for some R&R, it'll also afford me the opportunity to get
to know other places, cultures, and people, much better than when I'm
constantly on the move.

As my plans firm up and I start to travel, I'll be sending updates to my
TravelsAndTrails Yahoo group.  If I'm going to be in your neighborhood and
you would like to get together or offer me some floor space, send me an
email.  I plan to read my mail frequently when possible.

To join the yahoo group, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TravelsAndTrails/ and click on "Join this
group" or from my home page, click on "Blog/email list."

A little anxious and a LOT excited,

Mara

P.S.  If you happen to live in the Boston area and would like the use of a
Scandinavian design teak executive desk for the indefinite future, get in
touch with me.  I would rather someone use it than put it in storage. Thx,
MF
Visit my Travels and Trails site: http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor