[at-l] dry

Linda Benschop athummingbird at dishmail.net
Sat Oct 20 16:48:21 CDT 2007

Damascus is very dry.  This whole area has been declared a Disaster
area.  The farmers here are losing so much because of the severe
drought.  Hikers are coming off the trail because they cannot find
water.   If you want to hike in the Damascus area, you will either have
to cache water or be prepared to carry a heavy load.  The weather here
is perfect for hiking too.  Now if it would just rain for a while!  I
have gone out and done rain dances many times but no luck so far.

Hummingbird