[at-l] Trouble no more...

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Wed Sep 5 08:15:12 CDT 2007

Man, I'm havin' trouble gettin' out of here this morning! It's kinda
cool and overcast and pleasant. And, I've got some things to do around
here. Alas, I must head tot the salt mines. But, I thought to kill some
thyme before I go, I'd spray a little Roundup...and, update you on my
hike plans.

It looks like I got the shuttle situation taken care of. My friends from
the FS campground south of town (town=Damascus) are more-than-likely
going to shuttle us to Fox Creek Trailhead on the morning of the 27th.
After we spend the night with them the night prior. 'We' is me, my uncle
Steve, my best friends Stoat and Scoot.

I talked to a guy named Jeff at MRO yesterday. I asked him about water
and springs. He said that everything was flowing, slowly a week or two
ago. And, that it'd be a 'good idy' to carry two liters in case things
dry up. I think 'idy'= idea.   I also talked to a pleasant woman named
Dana (I think) at MRNRA who told me 'everything is dried up' except one
spring near a FS cabin near the Scales. I think I believe Jeff morely.

Now all I need to do is find a good campsite somewhere between 3 and 6
miles north of town for that last night...

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98