[at-l] Flying With Backpack

Arthur Gaudet rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 18 09:35:34 CST 2008

In 1997 I emptied my stove & fuel bottle & mailed them to a post office in
Atlanta. Since I was flying I packed my pack best as I could, had no problems. I
had heard that even an empty stove & fuel bottle would be confiscated & I
imagine it's only tighter restrictions today. Through email I found a guy who
would sell coleman fuel by the ounce only a few miles from the service road
entrance to the state park. It wasn't a big deal to stop for fuel and then head
up to the SR crossing of the AT, about 1 mile from the shelter.
--RockDancer AT'97 (North),LT'01,AT '98-'06(South)