[at-l] McAfee Knob Hike

Ken Bennett bennettk at wfu.edu
Fri Feb 1 10:34:56 CST 2008

2008/2/1 Davis, Herb <hdavis at admissions.unc.edu>:

> I need some help with a hike that I want to go from Daleville(?).  I've
> heard we can stay at the Econolodge, Leave our cars and walk to the trail.
> We want to do McAfee Knob (definitely), Tinkers Cliffs and Dragon's Tooth if
> not too far off the trail.  We probably want to do three overnights and have
> someone pick us up at a particular spot.  We can be flexible.  If you have
> some trip suggestions, please send them to the list or off-list.  herb

Please, please, if anyone has suggestions, send them to the list. My hiking
partner and I are doing that section this summer -- 108 miles from VA 42 at
Sinking Creek up to the James River Bridge. We'll overnight and resupply in
Daleville. Any information on that area is gladly welcomed.

Thanks,

Ken
Big Cranky