[at-l] Maps

grey.owl at comcast.net grey.owl at comcast.net
Thu Mar 13 09:07:27 CDT 2008

>From November 1968 to August 1971 I served in the US Army.  One of those years I received $65 per month combat pay and I receive a little over $4300 for my military service.  My wife earned $3,000 a year the first year she taught high school.
I was working at a service station in the early sixties when the price of gas was $0.179 per gallon.  Of course I was earning $0.75 per hour.  The ratio price gas/hourly wage was 4.18.  The last time I filled my car with gas I paid $3.37 gal and the current price ratio of gas/hourly wages is 12.8.  Either I am over paid or gas is not rising as fast as some people think.

Cheers

Grey Owl

I hikin this weekend.  Anybody else goin to be on the trail?

From: "Carla & Dave Hicks" <daveh at psknet.com>