[at-l] Posting for Mara (Stitches) re: Woods Hole

Arthur Gaudet rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Sat May 10 14:56:13 CDT 2008

(This is from Mara, on the road once again. --RD)
Hi folks,
Given the stretch of trail that has been in the news recently, I thought I would
get an update on the Woods Hole hostel.
In March when there was a question on the list about the hostel, I got in touch
with Neville, Tillie's granddaughter, to find out the latest. I forwarded her
response to the list but fear it may not have been posted as there were a few
months when none of my postings to AT-L got through. Ryan has since fixed the
problem and my postings seem to get through again.
I've just been in touch with Neville again and things have changed a bit...
Here's what she has to say now:
"HI Mara,
Wild,, i was thinking of you today. I need to get the news out that Woods Hole
Won't be in full swing this summer because they are doing a renovation at the
cabin. Instead of trying to open while they are STILL doing the renovation.. i
opted to wait. I will go up for 10 days in May and 10 days in June.. just to be
a part of the renovation and get things back in place. The construction folks
said they'ld be happy to take in any hikers.. but there won't be a breakfast..
so it's not quite the same.

[...]

IF you can .. throw out a few emails.. so folks will know .. if they are
wandering.. that Woods Hole is on Siesta.. I'll be there May 18th-28 and June
16-26.. When I'm there,, we'll try to swing a breakfast together for any hikers
that meander by.

Thanks Mara!!!
NEville"
Anyway, here's a reposting of the message I tried to send out in March. While
the hostel open dates have obviously changed, the information about their plans
for the place are still exiting.
Mara
Stitches, AT99