[at-l] Cold Eating

EHamilton imagainst_the_wind at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 10:28:14 CST 2008

Bacos would have been good!

I didn't use any in my chowder, but I'm thinking about taking along garlic powder, basil, and Old Bay. And salt and pepper of course. And I'm building a stash of fast-food ketchup and mayo packets. Ketchup, mixed in hot water especially with a little garlic powder, makes a very tasty stomach-warming soup. Mayo, added to just about anything, adds flavor, smoothness, body and fat. And I'm taking olive oil and probably squeeze butter. Geesh, I'm up to about half my pack weight already.....

MacGyver

From: JPL3 jplynch at crosslink.net

I bet adding Bacos to your chowder would be pretty good!  Do you use any herbs and/or spices?