[at-l] OT-Computer help

Linda Patton lpatton at fsu.edu
Fri Oct 3 09:20:32 CDT 2008

I recently had my hard drive die.  There were signs it was going,
so the geek squad at my former place of employment were very
helpful in making an image/clone of my hard drive before it died.
Then when the end came, they put that back on the new drive
DELL sent me.

In order to be able to do this myself and take up hours of the s
quad's time if/when this happens again, I want to purchase
hardware and software to do-it-myself.  I want software & external
drive  to create images/clones every now and then (and also do
regular backups in case I accidentally delete something) and be
able to download the image back onto a replacement hard drive.

I'll tell you what I'm thinking of purchasing.  Anyone with
a knowledgeable opinion, speak up.

1.  Acronis True Image software
2. Seagate 250GB Free Agent Go external USB hard drive
3. Toshiba 60GB Ultra ATA, 9.5MM, 5.4K,prtus hard drive replacement

1. and 2. seem to have the best reviews.  3. is what's in my laptop
now.  The laptop is a DELL Inspiron 9200.