[at-l] goats as "pack animals"?

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:58:35 CDT 2008

Art wrote:> Llamas are great, too. I once met a white one named Blizzard who did his > best to climb in my pocket and come home with me. Wish he could have. > Didn't know they used them as pack animals in the states.
We keep running into them out west - Utah, Wyoming, Arizona.  Ciindy Ross & family did most of
the CDT with llamas.  And then we ran into her llamas in the Winds is '99 - she'd loaned them to
the Bobsey Twins (AT trail name).

After we did the AT in '92 my brother sent me a magazine clipping - a friend of his had started a
"luxury llama pack service" to take people into the "wilderness" in Utah.  It included wine, gourmet
food and soft beds. Not exactly backpacking.

Walk softly - and watch where you step,
Jim

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/