[at-l] 10 years ago today... (was 7 years ago)

Charles W. Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 13:37:32 CDT 2009

Mara,
           I was only a few weeks away from the joys of traveling the
100 mile wilderness with the remnants  of Hurricane Floyd. Lots of folks
got trapped between rivers in 99. Some ran short of food after waiting a
few days and had to go back to Monson for supplies. I was lucky. While
talking to my brother on the phone from Shaw's he told the storm was
coming. I left very early the next day. Some of the stream crossing I
made that morning barely getting my feet wet were waist deep and raging
by that evening. It rained so hard you couldn't see.

chase

Mara Factor wrote:
> 10 years ago today was Friday the Thirteenth.
>
> I started the day at the Inn at the Long Trail which was still on the
> AT - but not for long.  I remember eating delicious French Toast.

<snip>