[at-l] hike prep

trailr at aol.com trailr at aol.com
Wed Dec 9 19:14:12 CST 2009

I did a little walking before my hike, but no hiking. I had shoulder surgery 4 months before my thru, so I only wore a backpack once before I started. Just start out slow & get in shape as you go.  Mentally, prepare by being flexible, knowing the realities of what you are getting into, and most important for me, keep your head in the hike. Don't worry about things at home, don't let people at home pull you into their web of issues. AND... Don't fixate on Katahdin! Only think ahead as far as the next resupply... It's easy! It's just a series of 4 day hikes... No problem... LOL

Hotdog AT03
3/1/03 - 9/11/03