[at-l] hike prep

rcli4 at comcast.net rcli4 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 11 13:42:45 CST 2009

A few points to ponder.....

HYOH generally means, Hike my way and everything will be fine.

When did an enjoyable hike become a test in survival?  If hike all day and call my wife to tell her good night and then sleep I like it better.

I once "Hiked" for 3 weeks with a pack that weighed 104 lbs.  I don't know that I enjoyed it much but I have enjoyed telling the story for the last 35-40 years so it was probably worth it.  Can any of you remember a hike that long ago?  If you can it was indeed memorable.

Frank, you can argue with the likes of me, but you can't argue with Jim.  You don't have the necessary equipment.

I don't think it takes 7,000 miles for you to figure out what works for you.  I think you probably had it pretty much figured by the end of the first 100.

I've seen folks carry some strange stuff.  I always figured if they think it is worth it to them, it is their business.  I carried 6 flashlights on a five day trip a coupla weeks ago.  I only used one but I felt pretty certain I was gonna have one if I needed it.  You probably don't need 6.

It's cold here today, but, it's colder where you are :>))

Clyde