[at-l] Okay, now I have a regret

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 16:13:15 CST 2009

--- On Sun, 12/20/09, Jim Smith <cutter78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I regret ever saying anything about my hike.
>
> I had no idea that my hiking skills and motives would be assailed by people who don't know me, but apparently have a need to pontificate for their own self-worth.
>
> It seems I've been forced to defend myself against asshats and I don't care to do that.
>
> -- cutter

"What you're writing about in such horror is SNOW. {...}It's not like the skies were opening up on you with acid-spewing aliens or something.

"SNOW WILL NOT BITE YOU. YOU WERE KIDS ONCE.
Remember?
If you were prepared for cold, and prepared for wet, and knew not to sweat (be patient, slow down and vent and shed), you'da been in the playground. And without sticks and rocks to trip you up or stab at your feet -- THAT'S special all by itself! Your hike becomes a *romp*!

### Wow. If that's "assail" in your book, I wish you a 2010 just like your 2009. We all should be as lucky. For myself for 2010, I would hope I continue to post my less-than-perfect woodsy engagements as humor, and not as "wisdom."

sloetoe