[at-l] Is

Amy Forinash amy at forinash.net
Thu Jan 29 16:09:26 CST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:

> I think you're right.  Between the campground being closed (though
> camping will be allowed at the hostel) and the recent weather, I
> expect there will be fewer people at the PA Ruck this year.  I hope
> there are some though - we just bought a bunch of food ;-)  We'll be
> there tomorrow afternoon.  I'm hoping for a short hike in the snow.
> Around here it's all ice - not nearly as much fun to hike in.   We
> walked two miles on the bike path today, slipping and sliding every
> time we reached a shady patch.  Jim's knee doctor told him a while
> back, "You can do almost anything you want - just don't fall."  It
> takes all the fun out of it.

Yeah, I'm making a spinach lasagna tonight, I'm going to need somebody
to eat it!

I walked Tuesday and today.  Tuesday in the snow was "easier" because
it wasn't as slippery, but it left my muscles sore in unexpected
places.  Good workout.  Today I had to clutch a fence while I walked
up a hill.  Yikes.

-amy