[at-l] Must be getting old, what with ensolite, Sveas and good woolens

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:18:09 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM, KGJ <jplynch at crosslink.net> wrote:

>  Ensolite was the term I had forgotten.. thnx.
>

>From reading The Googles, it seems as if Ensolite is used more these days
for bike helmet liners and "big bang boom" car stereo sound insulation. I
think WalMart blue pads are still made from it.

Evazote is being used now for the lighter pads. I use it, and my Winter,
7/8-length pad is only 10 oz. My Summer, torso-length pad is only 3.5
ounces! It is compressed nitrogen, high memory foam. A lot of the hammock
hangers use thin sheets of it for additional insulation. Good stuff.

Gossamer Gear makes the ones that I use. If you're the type that's
comfortable on a Ridge Rest, you'll probably like this even more.
http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/gossamergear/pad_matrix.html