[at-l] question

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 18:24:29 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Mara Factor <mfactor at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Appalachian trail: From Maine to Georgia by foot trail, a little
> hike of 2000 miles, along the skyline of the Appalachian ranges by
> Raymond H Torrey (Unknown Binding - 1924)
>
> There´s a lot of info googlable about Torrey but not much reference to
> this publication.

What information I could find seems to suggest that it was an effort to
publicize and promote the trail rather than an account of a hike on it.
Torrey, along with Myron Avery was one of the early movers and shakers
behind the AT and Myron is recognized as the 1st 2000 miler. In any case
this was during the initial phases of laying out and building. There was no
continuous trail yet in 1924. The book would be an interesting read though.
Too bad someone doesn't release it as a PDF.

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/