[at-l] Michael goes for a different kind of hike . . .

Tenacious Tanasi tenacious_tanasi at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 06:37:06 CDT 2009

LOL Uhm... Ya I've heard of the Appalachian Trail.

/me giggles at silleh Mara

I'm definitely planning on doing the Smokies section of the AT while Michael's gone.  I figure I'll try to round up a troop of women to go with me.  Dawg is already complaining that I'm neglecting her, but she knows she's gonna have to move over here to go on daily bike rides in the cove and long weekend hikes in the Smokies to help me through the next year.  :)

I tell you it's crazy how many people we see out hiking that truly are not prepared to hike in this area.  Every single time we've gone out there has been at least 1 person or group we have seen that were not appropriately prepared or were starting the trail too late in the day.  What they do not realize is that even though that sign may say such and such trail is only 2.5 miles long... that 2.5 is MOUNTAIN miles and not your everyday lazy walk about the neighborhood.  It really makes one shake their head.

 Tenacious Tanasi