[at-l] Michael goes for a different kind of hike . . .

Bruce W. Calkins blackwolfe at charter.net
Thu Jul 30 07:13:49 CDT 2009

And then they see some fast moving hiker with a lightweight pack and can't understand that THEY are prepared for almost anything those mountains can throw at them.  There is no substitute for basic knowledge.

Black Wolfe

I tell you it's crazy how many people we see out hiking that truly are not prepared to hike in this area.  Every single time we've gone out there has been at least 1 person or group we have seen that were not appropriately prepared or were starting the trail too late in the day.  What they do not realize is that even though that sign may say such and such trail is only 2.5 miles long... that 2.5 is MOUNTAIN miles and not your everyday lazy walk about the neighborhood.  It really makes one shake their head.

Tenacious Tanasi