[at-l] Need Good Animal Reference

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 21:37:19 CDT 2009

At some point in the past, somebody here (I think it was here) mentioned a good website to look up plants and animals.  I've used it in the past, but can't recall it now.  I especially need one with photos for easy identification.  (When we were on the PCT, we ran into a small rodent that I haven't seen before - it looks kind of like a dark brown guinea pig, but with a short bare ratlike tail.)  Trying to google desert rats gets me lots of kangaroo and pack rats, but not much else.  At least, not in the first few pages.  There are a lot of scientific discussions but not many websites with photos.

Ginny