[at-l] OT: Need road trip planning help

hiker 317 hiker317 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 08:24:38 CDT 2009

Duct Tape
Folding reflective windshield insulators
A Life Preserver (for the Global Coastal Event coming in June/July)
Re: carrying spares of most-likely-to-break automotive parts: AAA is
all well and good, but being stuck somewhere for days waiting for a
$10-$100 part is both expensive and frustrating. Spares of things like
radiator hoses, v-belts, alternators, and starters can save many days
stuck in small town with no campgrounds and expensive motels, and the
spares themselves take up little room. Extra windshield wipers and the
ability to replace them yourself are essential when your driving in
the rain and one goes flying off into the aether. At that moment, the
$6 you spent on the spare wiper that's stashed under your passenger
seat will seem like a share of Berkshire-Hathaway....well, almost,
maybe.