[at-l] Blast from the past..not trail related

hiker 317 hiker317 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:52:31 CDT 2009

Well, since we're telling car stories: the second most fun i ever had in a
car was when i flipped my 1959 Sprite on I-10, exploded the windscreen, and
went sliding down the pavement at 50 mph upside down on it's rollbar,
flattening those cute little bugeyes, listening to Rocky waking up to this
new perspective, screaming. I was really glad that i had installed the
aircraft seat and shoulder harnesses myself, and Rocky was glad that i had
insisted that he wear his. We were very lucky, a little glass embedded here
and there, some scratches on the rollbar, and a ruined bonnet. Those were
the days. The best car story ever belongs to Ken Imhoff:
http://www.kiengineering.com