[at-l] What's the coldest temp you've been out in?

Nina Rogers Nina.Rogers at DrakeSoftware.com
Sat Oct 17 09:13:37 CDT 2009

When hiking: three degrees, the last night of my thru-hike, at Gooch Gap
Shelter.

My cold-natured self shivered all night in my 20-degree bag, wondering
why the heck I hadn't forked over the cash for a 0-degree bag at NOC.
But I knew why: It didn't make sense to buy an expensive sleeping bag
for just the last seven nights of a thru-hike. Dumb decision! I realized
to late that it made all the sense in the world. If I'm ever in that
situation again, some lucky outfitter is going to make some good money
off of me!

I've been in colder temps, but never for more than a few minutes as I
raced from heated car to heated building, or heated building to heated
car. I am a bona-fide cold-weather wimp.

Waterfall