[at-l] Tenacious bathing Re: 2011 thru hike

Tenacious Tanasi tenacious_tanasi at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 09:37:19 CDT 2009

blinkinginsurprisetoe writ:  "### TT, are you saying you get nekkid and flop around in the dust in the sun? Mannnnn, I never knew. (Boyyyyy, *there's* a picture.) Well, I've give you this: that's a different kind of hike you're hiking. Phew!"

ROFLMAO!  No!  And I don't hike nekkid either... too much darned chaffing goin' on as it is!  lol

However, I do recall one time taking my shirt off to dunk it in a creek before putting it back on when hiking down in GA with GADawg.  She thought it rather scandalous of me to do so... but DANG it was HOT that day.  Whew!!

What I sed wuz... After hiking all day and building up a fine layer of salt and general grime upon my person, I like to take a bag of water into my tent and swab down.  Now, if there is the off chance that I can find a private spot along a creek I'll slip in before getting to camp, but more often than not I just do da bird bath.  I also either sleep commando or I'll have a seperate set of very light/thin sleeping clothes.

Not only do I sleep better, but my bag and tent seem to stay fresher longer as well.  :)
 Tenacious Tanasi