[at-l] bottles versus ______ Re: 2011 thru hike

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 09:59:48 CDT 2009

I have tried bladders but favor bottles because

#1 I never know how much water is in a bladder & I have run out.

#2 I have seen them leak & unless you are carrying a spare you are SOL.

I always carry at least two bottles usually Gatorade or soda bottles. For resupply I carry a 3 liter Nalgene Canteen. (hard to find but woth the search) When the bottles get crummy I replace them. I do use a regular Nalgene in the winter. Try putting boiling water into a Gatorade bottle can be exciting as it will shrink.

hikermiker