[at-l] Rescue at Rice Field Shelter

Carla & Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Fri Apr 2 11:21:05 CDT 2010

I agree re: WFA.  I had a number of times on the trail that I was very glad I
had taken WFA.

FWIIW most were helping other people.  However, one time, I when I broke my
leg while solo, I likely would not have made it had I not had the training I
got in the USMC & at WFA.  If, you don't have any such training, or your
training is limited to the standard RC "Call 911 & only do...." training, I
strongly recommend WFA, for all hikers, and especially long distant hikers.

And at one time if you join a maintaining club, the Club and/or ATC helped
offset most of the cost.  Given my medical conditions, I'm not current.  But
you might check into it whether they still do.

Chainsaw