[at-l] I-40 Rock Slide

Cutter cutter78 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 20:40:35 CDT 2010

Some news of interest to several people on this list: I-40 in Western North
Carolina reopened late this afternoon.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=12371714

Unfortunately, this is not the road I need to be opened tomorrow. I'm
picking up my older son in the Smokies (he's been hiking a short section of
the AT this weekend) and shuttling him back to his car at Fontana.

U.S. 129 (The Dragon) is closed by a rock slide just past Foothills Parkway
and it won't be reopened for a couple more months, As a result, it will take
me twice as long to drive my son back to his car.

Cutter
http://twitter.com/cutter