[at-l] I love morning!

Amy Forinash amy at forinash.net
Thu Dec 2 14:44:51 CST 2010

On Dec 2, 2010, at 3:16 PM, Carla & Dave Hicks wrote:

> Not on the AT, but I’ve been out at –30*F.
>
> Things that are just uncomfortable at higher temp, can kill you.

I worked at a horse barn in Minnesota.  In the winter.  I think the lowest daytime high I experienced was -40 F.  When you work outdoors, it means every day is a survival experience.  Fortunately I had a lot of native Minnesotans around to protect me from myself.

Minnesota convinced me I wanted to live farther south.