[at-l] Marooned

rcli4 at comcast.net rcli4 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 4 19:47:24 CST 2010

I have a nephew with Down Syndrome.  He is 13. We have gone to Cumberland Island once a year for the last 6 years.  We hike 3 1/2 miles to camp.  He calls it skull island from the cartoon Scooby Doo.  We go sleep with the Racoons on Skull Island.  We hike about 2 miles and stop and eat pop tarts and peanuts and take a nap.  Then we hike the rest of the way and camp.  We repeat the next day.  I would go more but his mama won't let us.