[at-l] Belated Happy New Year!

Cody Girl codycodygirl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:09:09 CST 2010

Hi everyone!  Family visits have begun and ended, family travel is finished,
the semester is history!  Now, after Iowa beats Ga Tech tonight (I was born
a Hawkeye.  Oh, the Vols, the Vols, ouch.) the only thing out in front of me
is the hike.  Nothing else to do but figure out how to shut down my house,
lawncare this summer, find a sitter for my aging truck who will handle it
gently and drive it at least once a week, get a dog to New Mexico, get a dog
to Chicago, figure out how many maildrops to where including what and get
those to Chicago, taxes (ugh!), solve prescription challenges, keep up the
day hiking to get these feet toughened up after almost 3 weeks of nada,
finish figuring out gear, figure out how to do some shakedown backpacks when
it's not 8 degrees (BRRRRR), cook and dehydrate food, and get myself to
Springer on 3/15/10.   Oh, get a trailjournal going.  I should probably make
a list.

I wish you all the finest 2010. Thanks to all of you who have reached out to
me, you've been a tremendous help.  I'm sure I'll be back with many many
more questions soon.
Happy New Year!
Cody the Tortoise