[at-l] International Appalachian Trail

nightwalker.at at gmail.com nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:00:40 CST 2010

From: Fred Kirch <springfever00 at gmail.com>

What is the feeling out there about the so-called International Appalachian Trail?

Springfever
My feeling is that it's not the AT but it would be a nice hike.

I ran into a fellow in Maine who had started the Florida Trail on 01-01-06. His original intent was to do the FT, AT and the IAT in the same year. But he got off the trail with pneumonia for three weeks and had to shorten his plans. This guy was a 67-year-old retired engineer and had walked about 3,500 miles in eight months. And it was his first LD hike! Blew my mind.