[at-l] Greetings from Vermont

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sat Jul 31 14:12:55 CDT 2010

Bo Diddley wrote:

> Greetings From Vermont,
>

> I realize that it has been a long time since y'all have heard from me.
> I am alive and well and happily retired in Vermont. I have always
> considered the list a hiking list and I decided that after I move to
> Vermont that I would only post to the list when I had a trip report.
> No big trip report, but recently I have been doing some hiking and I
> am debating whether to hike the whole length of the long trail or all
> of the AT in Vermont. I have approximately a three month window and I
> am planning to finish of Connecticut this year along with a small
> section in Pennsylvania. I have one small section left in New Jersey
> that I may sneak in when I visit my daughter over thanksgiving.
>
> My daughter's room mate, from college, got married yesterday. The
> wedding was at the Buck Steep Manor in Massachusetts, about two hours
> from my home in Vermont. To my surprise Washington Mountain Road
> crossed the AT (I almost ran off of the road when I saw the white
> blaze). This morning I took the opportunity to hike approximately one
> mile in and one mile out. Not much of a trip report except I have now
> hiked the a part of the AT in every state that it runs through. Some
> of the sections I hiked in 40 years ago so I do not have them on my
> official section thru hike of the trail.

There are some folx who consider hiking at least a little of the Trail
in each state good enough to call a thru-hike!!  :-))))   I saw the
Washington Mountain Road crossing two days ago myself!!!!  Pilot and I
hit a lot of the MA-CT crossings on our way to High Point SP in Jersey
to surprise Amy.  Spent the night in Great Barrington even, we did.
(With Cody Girl...who is having a grand time)   So...Bo....tell me/us
again the name of the town you're in/near. I was within a mile of Gorp's
house and she was "3,000 miles away!!" she said. She flew home this
morning, in fact.  I digress somethin' fierce....

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98