[at-l] Women's Hall of Fame to honor messenger of peace | Shore News Today

hopeful_2003 at comcast.net hopeful_2003 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 10 21:28:57 CST 2010

I recall a lot of hoopla in the wake of Earl Shaffer's 50th anniversary hike. There was even a claim that a Boy Scout troop did a thruhike before Earl. Well, I have read so many inaccurate statements in the press and seen and heard such on tv and radio that I hardly trust the media. It's not a conspiracy you understand, it's just that there is a lack of research on their parts. If they can't be sued or embarrassed, it isn't worth the effort to accurately report something. I think it's the money vs return thing. If the information was reported to the press as fact, then I guess they can print it that way. What do I know? Hopeful