[at-l] Women's Hall of Fame to honor messenger of peace | ShoreNews Today

Leslie Booher lbooher at charter.net
Wed Mar 10 22:56:27 CST 2010

My question is, who really was the first woman to hike the entire AT in one year.  I've always thought it was Grandma Gatewood, but the state of NJ is saying that it was Mildred Norman, whom I've never heard of before.  How far did she actually hike on the AT?  Is she in that two volume set on the AT that Rodale Press put out years ago?  Then, there was Dorothy Laker, who was next.  I know she's in that set of books.

a'bear

Humankind (be both)