[at-l] 12

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Sun Nov 21 09:35:33 CST 2010

12 years ago today...started out at Bryant Ridge Shelter.
Lucky Luke, Calamity Jane, Groovin' Moose, Sundown and I had
spent the night there. Sometime well after we'd gone to bed
a local with his pup showed up. In the morning (12 years ago
this morning) he said one of my favorite things of the whole
hike. He said this:
If I'd knowed you was here I woulda brought you some killer
"vittles."

We hiked 20 miles to Wilson Creek Shelter. We met Peggy at
Cove Mt. Shelter. She made it clear she wasn't too excited
about the idea of us staying with her....which we weren't
going to do anyway.

I'm not entirely sure who stayed at Wilson Creek that night.
I'll have to ponder on it...

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98