[at-l] A week with Ben

Black Wolfe blackwolfe at charter.net
Thu Nov 25 07:39:31 CST 2010

FWIW; Golden Retrievers only start to settle down at three years of age.  As
with any pet or child, consistent and clear communication in your
expectations will in time usually create a well behaved individual.

Also, some dogs need a pinch collar to moderate their pulling.  It was an
issue with my golden, and he still needs the occasional refresher course.
If you can break them to it the Halti or Gentle Leader systems will
significantly reduce their pulling ability.  Mine fought the Halti, but it
did temporally slow his pulling for a few days each time I tried it.

We did have some problems with his Mountain Smith pack, but I reconfigured
the breast strap into a collar.  The new models may have addressed the
problem.

Black Wolfe

Bruce W.